Dooly The Movie a.k.a. 아기공룡 둘리 (1996)


More than a year ago, The Little Dinosaur Dooly was uploaded onto youtube. I watched it long time ago when I was very young, like 5~ 6 years old, and I was able to watch it again few months ago. Surprisingly I really enjoyed it even though it's meant for a much younger audience. As I understand it, Koreans consider Dooly as the iconic symbol of Korean animation like Pikachu and Gundam.

You can find out more about it here.


3:51 - "I'll be late again... Hey what's this?!? Eh? Huh!"

4:01 - "KDS (referring to Korean Broadcasting System) Necessary & Immediate News: Antarctic iceberg entered the Han River. It's completely pollution-free ice!"

4:10 - "Pollution-free?!?" "Pollution-free?!?" (Koreans used to be obsessed with this kind of stuff during the late 80s & 90s)

4:23 - "The Ice has been quickly reduced to a skeleton... Does ice have bones too?" (funny statement of the obvious)

4:42 - "Ahh? Big brother, take a look at that!" "What..." "There's an abandoned doll on the riverbank." "Big brother, I want to have it." "Aii.. It's dirty." "We can clean it up. (I think students back then were taught by their school teachers to value & keep their toys for as long as possible in conduct & ethics class.) Please pick up up! Quickly!" "Gosh. It's quite heavy as it seems to have been soaked in water."

5:21 - "Go Gil-dong (Dad's name.)"


5:37 - "Wife, I came home.... Oh wait, she's away at her relatives'. Oh god. It's hot. It's hot. Let's see if there's a cool beer. Eh? Ok, at least this will do."

6:04 - "Mmm... Wow it's cold. Mmm.... Wow it's delicious. I had closed this (fridge door.) before... AHHHH!"

6:40 - "Dad! What's wrong?" "Ah jaja over there!"

6:56 - "Big brother, that's the doll that we picked up at the bank of a stream." "Yea you're right. Seems like it's not a doll."
7:00 - "It's a dino dino dino dino! You better leave immediately!? Hyee-dong, it's dangerous! Move aside! Hyee-dong, it's dangerous! Hyee-dong, NO!"

7:30 - "NOOOO! You think dumb kids like you can keep an animal that looks like a dino? Absolutely not." "Dad, but it's cute!" "Cute? You ugly one!" "Dad! Please allow us!"

7:51 - "Nonono. You might catch a disease." "Then it just needs to get a shot." "Is shot free?" "DAD!" "NO!" "DAD!" NO!" "DAD!" "NO!"

8:12 - "No! Yes! Yes!" "Yay, he says 'yes'!" "Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes! Yes!"

8:22 - "Big brother (It's like 'onii-chan' in Japanese. It's used by a younger sister to refer to an older brother or, more recently, her boyfriend.), what should we call him?" "Well, Grandeur Gundam Vegitta..." "Stop joking." "What about 'Happy' or 'Ori'?" "Pffs. You think this is a dog?


8:34 - "Heh, Dooly." "Dooly?" "Ohh, Dooly?" "Wow, you can talk!" "Huhh, mom! Mom! Mom!" "So it's a dino?" "Ehhh hey no way! What kind of dino is this small?" "It must be a cat!"

8:58 - "My wife isn't coming back soon from her relatives & she's looking after a luckless old man. Wow what's that noise? God, what an annoying one."

9:17 - "All right. Let's eat. Where's my spoon?"

0:17 - "Look at that!"

0:21 - "Come here!" "Let's watch TV"
0:27 - "You dirty one... What is all this? Without spilling all over the place, please eat quickly."

0:35 - "You can do as you please." "You young little one!"

0:50 - "Well then, what's this?" "Tail." "Well this is great! We'll trash it."

1:17 - "Please go home and live well, amen!" "You seem to be very happy." "Yes I am. That little bastard.... our home... Oii!!!" "Please close/raise your chin, your inside shows."
1:45 - "The little bastard wants to joke with me." "Wipe off your sweats with this." "Thank you."

2:48 - "You came back home?"

2:48 - "How can I drive out that bastard...? Poke him in the butt? Or put this-sized stone into his rice..."

3:17 - "No! No! No! ..... Ahhhh! No! No!"
3:40 - "It's yours, sir." "You spray on my rice!?!" "But I caught the fly." "But what about my rice, my rice, my rice, rice!!" "Ok... ok... If I cook it's fine." "What can you do?! What can you do!? What! ... All right. You better do it right!"

5:46 - "Water please." "It's in the refrigerator..." "Water!" "Does he not have a hand or feet? Does being an adult mean everything? God. Here!"

6:06 - "The loser (in rock-paper-scissor) gets to do the dish washing." "Since you made the food, you should finish it up."

6:15 - "If I had committed a sin, it's that I don't have money, I don't have a home, and I have nowhere to go."

6:40 - "Why spray on the rice that one eats?"
6:48 - "Wow it's an Archaeopteryx! Archaeopteryx!" "Why this ghost-bird forgetting noise?!" "You're not an Archaeopteryx?" "This body is .... that escaped the circus.. No, no, no, an ostrich from Africa, Thoch!" "Is digging into garbage a queenly thing?" "I didn't!" "Are you hungry?" "I didn't!"

7:10 - "There's no rice, but I will get you some ramen noodle, so please wait."
7:30 - "It's a large bird! A large one!" "Ahhhg! How can you touch a woman's butt without caution?"

7:46 - "God, this misbehaving one! I've got to fix his ways!"

8:24 - "What is this? Why did a large chicken come inside? .... And why did you come in again?" "Hehehe, she's my friend. Please greet him, it's our mister." "How are you doing, I'm Thoch."

8:36 - "So what?" "Don't mind him, he's usually like that." "What! Animals in front of me! What are you? You want to take beatings in place of your friend? Get the hell out!"

8:53- "Dad is there something wrong?" "Sis, mister (your dad) only dislikes me. I didn't do anything wrong!"


0:02 - "That little wretch!" "It's a huge illness to hit little children. Sir, you will die sick because you abuse little children." "What?!?" "If you die, ho ho I'll have to take your house."

0:20 - "Didn't I tell you... that his temper is dirty. He can't understand any joke." "He's so scary, bud." "Get lost!"
0:38 - "It's all right. It's all right. We can just go back when he's asleep. You'll stay with me until I can go back?" "Sure." "Thanks a lot." "It's not a big deal."

0:60 - "Where's your house?" "I don't have one." "You don't? Why?" "Because I was in a circus group." "Circus?" "Mhm. Wouldn't I be the bird star/new star at Las Vegas?"

3:14 - "Wow then you'll be able to do tricks very well!" "Of course!" "Spinning dishes, acrobatics, jumping through flame wheel, etc." "Wow! So I am with a really great person!" "Should I demonstrate?" "Yes yes please."

3:38 - "The most important thing with Acrobatics is throwing and catching well." "Wow!" "You should try it. It's not that a big deal." "Would I be able to do it as well?" "Self-confidence is important. Focus!" "Focus?" "Start!" "Start."
4:00 - "It's working, it's working it's working, it's working! How is it?" "Huhh... He's doing this that took me a whole year in just one try! .... eh hem. What did I tell you? That you could do it! But anyone can do that much. It's beginner's skill. You should do at least this much."

4:30 - "Waaah aha! I wanna do it too!" "xxx xxx! Those people make a good person into a bad one, really!"

5:00 - "There are a lot of stars.. How happy would the people living in those far-away stars' lands be?" "Who lives there?" "No one lives there?" "They say if you look from up close it's just a lump of fire." "It's a falling star! falling star! How unlucky would be someone who gets hit by a falling star?" "It falls again there." "It would be nice to get hit by something other than a falling star."

5:39 - "It seems like the mister's house.. The falling star must have heeded to our wishes!" "Humph! He's just sleeping very well."

6:00 - "Let's save a person!" "Uggh, bean paste smell!" "This guy seems like the 'falling star'."


6:20 - "Gosh! It still smells. What star is this?" "Ours is called 'Earth'..." "Ahhh, 'Earth' star!" "You look very strange." "From my perspective, you guys all look very queer. Do earth star people all look like you?" "That might be the case." "Big brother... pee (?)" "This is animal-that-does-what?" "Hwee Dong-hee." "Dog Dong-ee?" "Hwee Dong-hee!" "Ohh, Dog Dong-ee? Can I eat it? That is much more vicious than it looks! Why are you like that?"

7:04 - "Hahaha! What's your name?" "Doner/Donald. I currently reside at K'an-thak star tens of thousands of light years away." "K'an-thak star?" "Yes. Because the time cosmos broke down i fell down to this place."

7:21 - "Time cosmos? What is that" "You don't even have time cosmos? You're very ignorant! Time cosmos is a machine that lets you travel to space in the past and the future." "Aha! Time machine?" "You at least know time machine? In our star time machine is old stuff." "Does time machine thing really exist?"

7:43 - Well, I told you time machine is old stuff!" "Time cosmos... Oh no! Gae-dong-ee destroyed the time cosmos! It's a very rude animal! I don't know what to do. I really don't know!"

8:07 - "We're going to wake him up! We're going to wake him up!" "Nobody's hurt? Neighborhood people!" "Wait. What is this? Hey you why did you come to our house again?" "Sir, sir, your underwear, your underwear." "You could eat this properly since it's fully grown." "Hehe, he's my friend, Doner/Donald." "What? Friend again?" "

8:35- "Hurry and greet him." "What is that?" "It's our mister." "What is that?" "That is... well... living together with us at the house...." "Ohh! Pet!" "You can think like you want. Quickly greet him!" "Do you greet a pet on earth?" "Just greet him!" "How-dy-doo-dy. How-dy-doo-dy!"

9:11- "Your pets are like that?" "No. He's only like that when I'm eating and when I've brought a friend." "Strange. Why can't you do anything to a pet on earth?" "It didn't get proper education, that's why." "Fine let me teach him a lesson/fix his behavior!"

9:52- "That thing came in again?" "What's his name?" "Gil-dong! Gil-dong!" "Hey gil-dong, bite this! Bite this!"

No comments:

Copyright @ dokebi club | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger